The sequence of the events portrayed is generally similar all over the churches in medieval Hungary.
* Saint Ladislaus riding his horse on the battlefield catches sight of a pagan warrior holding a Hungarian girl on his saddle.
* Saint Ladislaus pursues him.
* Saint Ladislaus could not catch up to him.
* Saint Ladislaus shouts to the girl: "Catch hold of the pagan at his belt and jump to the ground!"
* The girl does so, and the two warriors, the king and the pagan, begin wrestling.
* Saint Ladislaus can not subdue him, therefore the girl helps the king. She cuts the pagan's Achilles tendon.
* Saint Ladislaus beheads the pagan with the help of the girl.
* In the last scene Saint Ladislaus is resting in the arms of the girl.
Mural in the Székelyderzs (Dârjiu) Unitarian Church, Romania. Painted in 1419 by Ungi István fia, Pál mester (Stephen Ung, son of Master Paul).|
|Larger image of the left.||Larger image of the centre.||Larger image of the right.||Larger image of the far right.|