Statue of Sv. Juraj / St. George & the Dragon, Levoča, Slovakia, c.1515


Obr. [Fig.] 3 Sv. Juraj, Levoča (foto Pamiatková správa, Levoča)
From Reflexia rytierstva v stredovekej sakrálnej ikonografii na Slovensku by Miroslav Huťka


From Správy.pravda.sk, 2008

From St. James’s Church in the town of Levoča

Majster Pavol z Levoče.
Master Paul of Levoca
Kostola svätého Jakuba v Levoči
Church of St. James in Levoca

Equestrian sculpture of St. George. It is very probable that it is the work of Master Pavol (is it his masterwork?) from about 1515. It is standing on the original bracket in the corner of the St. George Chapel. The space behind is complemented by mural paintings related to the legend of St. George. The group consists of three separate carvings having a close relation to the sculpture of St. George in the church in Spišská Sobota. Herman Kotrba renovated the sculptures in 1973. Source: St. James’s Church in the town of Levoča



From the same church: Mural of Dorus expelled, Levoča, Slovakia, c.1380-1400
See also: The tomb effigy of Štefan Mariáši, Markušovce, Slovakia, 1516
Illustrations of Hungarian Costume and Soldiers